Menu Bar icon (Mac)

Eter Radio is a very pared-back interface (which is good). Its main rivals seem to be myTunerPro (interface far too gaudy & busy) and Radio.net (clunky). I would like to use Eter but I really don’t need another App permanently on my Mac Dock. :woozy_face: Could you give Eter the option of a Mac ‘Menu Bar’ icon instead (like myTunerPro has). I will then be more than happy to pay for it!

3 Likes

Thank you, @charlesnworth, and welcome to the forum.
It’s a good point. I’ll add it to our list of suggested features.

1 Like

Thanks Jacob,
Please let me know when it is there. I will buy. (Sorry - not before.)
Charles.

2 Likes

I’d like this too, with the option not to have an icon sitting in the dock while it is running. :blush:

1 Like

Yes. I agree. Exactly! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi, 29d passed, did you guys consider this feature? I already paid for the app and would be more than happy having this feature…

not to be not polite, I wrote an email to the original dev of this app in April this year, and never got a response. I hope this feature makes it’s way to the app, as well as the ability to choose which device I want to have audio played back (meaning for example audio out of my external monitor as one example)… I guess the app doesn’t have as high demand as others…

Hi @blesio, we do consider this feature but we had other priorities in the meantime. We also released a version 1.9.0 without improvements on the Mac. As far as playing back on external monitors, this should be possible. This is a Mac, right? How is your external monitor appear in the Mac? Can you choose to play music on it from other apps? Did you try clicking the “output destination” button in the Eter window (see screenshot)?

Hi everybody,
Bought the Mac-app to start with and now hope (and pray?) for a menu-bar-icon-option…

1 Like